• the personal information we collect about you;
• what we do with your information, and
• who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
Auto Accept Finance Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the relevant data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulations and any subsequent legislation as appropriate (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
What information we collect?
Personal information provided by you
We collect the following personal information about you when you register with us, express an interest in or purchase products or services from us. We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions.We will only process your personal data providing we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies, or your employer), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us to provide products and services, improve and personalise our service to you. We will always seek your permission to contact these people for your information.
The information we collect may include:
- Basic personal details such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth or age, gender, marital status;
- Sensitive personal information may be collected where you require us to tailor our goods and services. This may include details of any medical conditions. We will always be clear to explain when and why we need this information and the purposes for which we will use it and will obtain your explicit consent to use sensitive personal information.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
- give consent to the processing of his/hersensitive and personal data.
Sensitive personal information
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal information, for example where you require us to tailor our goods or services to an existing physical condition e.g. where you are applying for a finance or an insurance product and we are required to enquire whether you have committed a criminal offence. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive personal information includes information relating to:
- your ethnic origin;
- your physical or mental health or condition; and
- whether you have committed a criminal offence
We will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose ofqualityassurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- Identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- Process your order;
- Carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- If you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you — see ‘Marketing’ section below;
- Detect and prevent fraud;
- Verifying your identity and carry out anti-fraud checks (see ‘Credit checking’ section below),
- Providing you with payment options,
- Assessing your application for a product, service or quote,
- Ensuring that you can afford any financial agreement offered,
- Ensuring that any insurance products are suitable for you,
- Administer your finance agreements including updating you on and delivering our services,
- Monitor your use of our Websites and any response to advertising campaigns;
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call aboutproducts and services, competitions and special offers, which may be of interest to you.
Other businesses within our group which we have selected carefully (i.e. D K Motorcycles Limited and Motor Connect Limited) may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete your Hire Purchase Application.
If you have consented to receive such marketing from us or our group you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
In order to process your application we will supply your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRAs) and they will give us information about you, such as about your financial history. We do this to assess creditworthiness and product suitability, check your identity, manage your account, trace and recover debts and prevent criminal activity.
We will also continue to exchange information about you with CRAs on an ongoing basis, including about your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time. CRAs will share your information with other organisations. Your data will also be linked to the data of your spouse, any joint applicants or other financial associates.
The identities of the CRAs, and the ways in which they use and share personal information, are explained in more detail at:
Call Credit: www.callcredit.co.uk/crain
Our search will be recorded on the files of the credit reference agency.
If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
If you want to see your credit file, please contact the credit reference agency we use, Call Credit: www.callcredit.co.uk
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- our agents and service providers;
- credit reference agents—see ‘Credit checking’ below;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data. We store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below);
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below);
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below). It may take up to Seven days for this to take place
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or
- passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
Retention of your Information
If your application for finance is declined or if your application is accepted and you do not proceed, we keep your information for 6 months or as long as necessary to deal with any queries you may have. If your application is accepted and you proceed, we hold your information for 6 years from the date at which your agreement is closed, where settled by you or upon default or as long as necessary thereafter to deal with any queries you may have.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org write to us at: Swift House Liverpool Road Newcastle under Lyme Staffordshire ST5 9JJ or call us on 01782 574555.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider]. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.